Oiwm Academy of Arabian Dance
The Academy is registered in the Private Educational System of Misiones state, managed by the General council of education. In order to this, the degrees and certificates given by the Academy are registered and certified by this institution. The headmistress of the Academy, graduated gym teacher and international dancer, Romina Maluf, has a great experience in the field, teaching training and a professional national degree.
To know the whole career of Romina Maluf.
Bellydance and dabke classes
and physical routine
Classes of brazilian
and latin rhythms
Head of Afro Samba Ballet
Contemporary dance classes, aerial silk and expression,
non conventional elements
|Romina Benítez y Malvina Celeste Aguirre|
Pilates reformer classes
|Oiwm Ballet |
Shows all around the country- Hirings
Workshops and shows with Romina Maluf
Regular Training Course
Private degree of arabian dance teacher, given by the Oiwm Academy of Arabian Dance and by the CIAD and the CID - UNESCO. Registered in the private educational system of Misiones (General Council of Education N° 098/04).
The teacher training course lasts five years, and it has an intermediate degree of professional dancer (4 years) and a final degree of arabian dance teacher.
The students are being examined annually by national and international artists, like Tarik (Brazil), Yamil Annum, Samir Abut, Maraia and Maiada, who are also in charge of master courses in Oiwm Academy.
In 2004, the Academy had its first graduates, who rely on the support of the best well known Academy in the argentinian northeast. Every year, excellent students graduate, many of them already have their own schools.
To know the graduates, click here.
Teacher training course for foreigners
1 monthly class in the Oiwm Academy of Arabian Dance.
7 levels of education
Junior - Level 1 and 2
Beginners – 1st year
Intermediate – 2nd year
Advance - 3rd year
Superior - 4th year
Professional - 5th year
* Arabian dance courses for little girls: divided into different levels and ages, in charge of Romina Maluf. Oiwm Ballet Junior, junior plays and contests.
* Arabian rhythmology classes: by Usul Orchestra.
* Intensive course: 3 months and 3 units.
* Trips for mastering in Egypt.
* Taking part in competitions and contests of first level.
* Physical routine classes: included in the monthly fee.
* Spinning and complements.
* Salsa and latin rhythms: in charge of Virginia Moya and Claudio Benítez for teens and adults.
* Brazilian ballroom and choreography: in charge of Benítez, for teens and adults.
My goal is to bring magic to the classes, to create a place for you to feel free and joyful. We learn step by step how to use the technique to feel the music, and with dynamic and fun choreographies time goes by really quick.
We start warming up, to prevent injuries and to prepare our bodies for the dance. After that we practice the different techniques and styles according with the annual planning.
The oriental dance has been practiced for many years and, at the same time, it is constantly changing.
The elements that you will learn to use in the different levels are:
- Bellydance - Egyptian folk and dance with cane -
- Veil and others (simple - double - twisted) - Golf or Khaleege Dances -
- Candle holders - Sword - Trays - Syrian and lebanese Folk - Gipsy Dance - Finger cymbals -
- Fusions - Isis Wings - Cape - Rhythmology - Alive tabla solo classes - and many ohers.
So as my students can get a higher education, we include psycodance, rhythmology classes; make up for shows, physical routines, dance, theater and pedagogic lessons.
Annually we also organize the International BellyNEA - Arabian Dance International Encounter of the Argentinian Northeast, with many workshops given by international teachers.
In the junior level we plan a strategy in which technique and learning are blended by games, which are a very important part of childhood.
Together we will look for your personal style in a pleasant and nice atmosphere, Oiwm and me are waiting for you!